SCOPE OF CLINICAL RESEARCH
Clinical Research, in the present scenario, is knowledge-intensive and the most demanding field of Science. It is one of the industries which is growing at an exponential rate and is opening up the extensive scope of employment opportunities for trained and skilled professionals. Thus, this time is the best to start your career in this Medical Research related industry and an additional certification of clinical research course along with your academics can help you suffice in the field.
Clinical research is such a broad topic that it offers a big number of and diverse work opportunities across a wide range of sectors. There are thousands of clinical research job openings all across the world. There is a rising demand for CLINICAL RESEARCH SKILLED MANPOWER to fill these Clinical research job vacancies. With the increased focus of governments on biomedical and pharmaceutical research, India is now regarded as the epicenter of clinical research and trials.
Clinical research is the division of healthcare science that determines the effectiveness and safety of drugs, diagnostic products, and devices intended for humanitarian aid. Clinical Research can be a medium that helps in translating basic research into new treatments effective for patients. The research study is usually conducted at recognized research centers and academic medical institutions.
The eligibility criteria for working in the field:
3. Sc/M.Sc Life Sciences
4. B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech Biotechnology
5. Skills like decision-making ability, problem-solving ability, critical thinking, and excellent written, numerical, and verbal communication ability.
6. Personnel with foreign language knowledge can get the opportunity of working at the international level.
FIELDS OF EMPLOYMENT OF CLINICAL RESEARCHERS:
1. Research Institutes
2. Medical Device Companies
3. Contract Research Organisations
4. Biotechnology Companies
5. Clinical Data Management
6. Pharmaceutical Institutes
7. Auditing of Clinical Trials
8. Regulatory Affairs
9. Medical Writing
9. Central Labs
10. Medical Writing
11. Central Labs
12. Patient Recruitment Organisations
The clinical Researcher can take up different roles while working in the industry. Some of the career paths are:
1. Clinical Research Managers
2. Clinical Research Scientist
3. Clinical Data Managers
5. Clinical Research Associate
6. Clinical Research Coordinator
7. Research Training Manager
8. Clinical Research Investigator
9. Research Nurse
10. Clinical Research Counselor
11. Pharmacovigilance Manager
12. Clinical Quality Assurance Auditor
13. Research Site manager
14. Project Manager and Marketing Executives
15. Clinical Safety Analyst
16. Regulatory Affairs Manager
17. Drug Safety Scientist
SCOPE OF CLINICAL RESEARCH IN INDIA
India is changing at several phases in order to compete in the global competition, and Clinical Research is one of those stages where India is demonstrating exceptional progress and growth. For many years, India has been involved in clinical research, and it is now on its way to becoming a major focus. There is already a huge need for qualified people in this multibillion-dollar business. The Indian pharmaceutical business is one of the country’s fastest-growing industries, with significant progress gained over the years. Clinical research professionals are in high demand in this rapidly expanding industry. Clinical research is a fascinating career option with a lot of room for advancement. To pursue a career in clinical research, you’ll need a good base in the discipline and plenty of hands-on experience.